What information do we collect?
“Personal Data” means the following types of information that we may gather, store, and use relating to you in order to provide you with access to the Site:
- “Contact Information” means any information provided when you voluntarily contact us through our Contact Form, including, but not limited to your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- “Conference Registration Information” means any information provided when you voluntarily register for our annual conference through our Conference Registration page, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- “Post Comments” means any information provided when you voluntarily post a comment to our site, including, but not limited to, your name and email address.
- “Log Information” means information that your browser sends when you use the Site. Our servers automatically record basic information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your message, Internet Protocol address, other addressing information, the date and time of your request and an authentication token used to validate your identity and that of your computer.
How do we use this information and for what purpose?
- inform you about Site updates
- inform you about our conferences and other events, promotional offers, activities, and products (When you provide EI your email address, such as when you subscribe to a newsletter, you agree that EI may use your email to send you messages about online events, promotional offers, activities, and products of this Site, and EI. You can unsubscribe or revoke your consent at any time by email to email@example.com.)
- provide the services, receipts, and any customer support you request or other services as described when we collect information
- resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems
- customize, measure, and improve the Site, content and layout
- compare information for accuracy, and verify your identity.
- combine with other information, including personal information, obtained from your other interactions with EI and its service providers, including your conference registration and payment through PayPal, website visits, or other communications. We may use this information to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Site or our other sites, and to share your information with any of our service providers in order to provide the Site or advertising or to communicate with you on our behalf.
Additionally we may use your information as described below.
We use third-party banking organizations and other providers of payment services, including, but not limited to PayPal, to process any payments, and in that case, you are providing the necessary billing information directly to such provider(s).
We respect the privacy of personal email accounts, and we will store your email addresses just as securely as other Personal Data. Your Registration Information will not be passed to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express permission. We may use email to keep you up to date with news about the Site and other products we offer. You may opt-out of receiving promotional email messages by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we reserve the right to use email to notify you of any Site issues or of any legal assertions of rights violations related to your use of the Site.
You agree to EI’s use of your name and other identifying information included when you post comments to the Site.
We will use this server information to assist us in providing you with a quality user experience on the Site and for our statistical information.
To whom do we transfer your personal information?
Except as provided below, we shall not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any Registration Information to any third party without your express permission, unless we are obliged to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, regulatory requests, and orders from competent authorities.
We may collect anonymous, aggregated data from our Site for statistical purposes. EI may use such information to help determine ways to improve the Site. EI reserves the right to publish non-personally identifiable, summary information regarding Site visitors for informational and promotional purposes. Please note that this is not personal information, only general summaries of the activities of our visitors.
By using the Site, you consent to the information collected by us being stored and processed in the United States or any country in which we, our affiliates, or our service providers maintain facilities.
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce these Terms
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of EI, Site users or the public.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information, and do not retain it any longer than permitted in order to perform our services or as required under relevant law. You should be aware that Internet communications are not always secure. Despite our best efforts, no security measures are completely effective. Therefore, we cannot promise you that third parties cannot access your Registration Information or communications with us, and you agree we are not liable for any such disclosure(s).
How long is your Personal Data kept by us?
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to:
- Provide the use of the Site
- Communicate with you regarding the Site or other services that we offer
- Comply with applicable laws, regulatory requests, and orders from competent authorities
What are cookies and how do we use them?
How far does our responsibility extend?
Users from outside the United States
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), this Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If it is learned that such information has been collected without parental consent, that information will be deleted from the Site’s database as quickly as practical or the child’s parent or guardian will be contacted for consent.
We recommend minors under the age of 18 ask a parent for permission before sending personal information over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet practices and to be involved in their children’s online activities.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Emergence-International.org does not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
No rights of third parties
What rights do you have and how can you contact us?
If you would like to exercise your right to view, correct, complete, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon verification of your identity, we will attempt to quickly fulfill your request.